Partner Government Agency Compliance Requirements
In addition to the customs laws and regulations, importers and exporters are responsible for complying with the requirements of U.S. partner government agencies (“PGAs”) that also exercise authority over the movement, distribution and marketing of goods that are subject to U.S. law. PGAs include, but are not limited to:
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife (F&W)
- Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Department of Transportation
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) (with respect to Conflict Mineral Reporting)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) (with respect to Antiboycott Compliance)
Miller Proctor Law advises companies on the requirements and compliance expectations of PGAs with respect to imports and exports, as well as assists in the design and implementation of effective compliance policies and procedures.
Put the power of our intellectual capital and experience to work for you. Contact us to receive a confidential consultation.