THE MILLER PROCTOR LAW ADVANTAGE
Miller Proctor Law is a full-service international trade law firm that provides advice, counsel and ongoing support to companies for the most complex of import and export matters. Founder, Melissa Miller Proctor, whose career in international trade spans over twenty years, has long been recognized for her abilities to make the complex international trade rules understandable.
Her legal, consulting and in-house industry experiences allow her to step into the shoes of companies when designing unique strategies and effective solutions for complicated issues of clients of all sizes—from those ranked in the Fortune 500 to start-ups and small and medium-sized companies.
Since 1997, Melissa Miller Proctor has been providing international trade support
to clients in the following industry sectors:
Aerospace & Defense
Apparel, Footwear & Textiles
Biometrics and Cyber Security Technologies
Chemicals & Chemical Substances
Computers, Software & Semiconductors
Energy & Power
Food & Dietary Supplements
Industrial Equipment & Machine Tools
Medical Devices & Equipment
Oil, Gas & Oil Field Services
Special Composite Materials & Metals (nanomaterials)
Miller Proctor Law is dedicated to changing the way that companies view and work with their outside trade counsel.
The Firm distinguishes itself from other high-caliber international trade firms by providing only the highest quality of services to clients in a responsive, efficient and cost-effective manner. Striving to foster long-term relationships and partner with local, national and international clients on their global business objectives, the Firm seeks to become the Most Trusted International Legal Advisor in the eyes of our clients.
To these ends, Miller Proctor Law—
- Endeavors to earn the trust, respect and loyalty of our clients.
- Approaches client needs with honesty, integrity, respect, fairness, courtesy and diligence.
- Adheres to the belief that client success is what determines the Firm’s success.
- Expedites the delivery of sound, pragmatic and concise international trade advice that is uniquely tailored to the client’s needs.
- Understands that timely responses from outside counsel (in which initial questions posed are fully addressed while additional areas of risk and unexplored opportunities are identified) are critical to the needs and success of companies operating in the international marketplace.
- Commits to fully understanding companies’ products, technologies and services, their internal allocation of resources, operations, process flows and supply chains, as well as their long-term growth objectives.
- Seeks to provide educational opportunities for clients on the core concepts of international trade compliance and proven “best practices,” as well as how to be self-sufficient in managing their global trade operations, through customizable in-house training.
- Gives back to the community by sharing global trade compliance knowledge and skills-training through seminars, webinars, publications, trade events, and as a member of the Arizona District Export Council, Association of Exporters and Importers (AAEI), International Compliance Professionals Association (ICPA), and the Society of International Affairs (SIA).
- Benefits from close relationships with specialists in other areas of the law—these ties allow the Firm to connect companies to a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers if and when the need arises.