“Update on All US Trade Remedies”
Please join international trade attorney, Melissa Proctor, on October 24th at 1pm EDT, who will present a webinar on behalf of the Export Compliance Training Institute (ECTI) entitled “Update on All U.S. Trade Remedies.” Increased U.S. tariffs on imports of aluminum and steel, washers and solar panels, and of course Chinese goods valued in the hundreds of billions of dollars are here to stay—at least for the foreseeable future amid the ongoing trade tensions between the U.S. and its trading partners. Savvy importers are employing a variety of techniques to mitigate the impact of these tariff actions on their bottom lines.
This webinar, presented by international trade attorney Melissa Proctor, will update attendees on the latest developments on the tariff front, as well as provide effective strategies for minimizing the impact and supply chain disruptions caused by the ongoing tariff wars. Specific topics will include:
- Section 201 Safeguard Tariffs on Solar Panel Imports
- Section 232 National Security Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum Imports
- What about Section 232 Tariffs on Automobiles, Auto Parts and Uranium?
- The current status of the Section 301 Unfair Trade Practice Tariffs on Chinese Imports
- Keeping the Various Section 301 Product Lists Straight
- Key Dates and Deadlines
- Product Exclusions
- S. Customs Entry and Clearance Requirements
- Enforcement by U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Using Classification, Origin and Value Rules to Lawfully Reduce Tariff Liability
- Taking Advantage of Cost and Duty Savings Opportunities Afforded by Special Trade Programs and Duty Deferral Rules
The webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during each webinar. The final 30 minutes of each webinar will be allotted to answering attendees’ questions.